Here is a snapshot of the output for the “navigator” property of Netscape v4.5. The two links in this example are disabled, normally you can click on them to descend into that property.
|navigator.appVersion||string||4.5 [en] (WinNT; I)|
|navigator.userAgent||string||Mozilla/4.5 [en] (WinNT; I)|
- Unpack the distribution and upload the “jprops.html” file to your webserver.
<a href=”jprops.html”>[Show Properties]</a>
- Open your browser and click on the link you just created.
- Jprops only works on Netscape/Explorer version 4 or above.
- Some properties may not be visible or not browsable, due to limitations in your browser. For example: Microsoft Explorer does not allow you to look at the “navigator.plugins” property.
- If you have found a particular property then do not assume it will be available in all browsers. Jprops shows the actual properties as available in your browser for a particular webpage.
- The “navigator.plugins” property in Netscape will be empty initially. It will be filled by Netscape when plugins are loaded. You can force the loading of all plugins by looking at the “navigator.mimetypes” with Jprops.